Photos courtesy of mikelayton.to
PSA: Bike with Mike 2015
This year's Bike with Mike cycling event is almost here!
A new feature this year is the Kids' Bike Swap, which aims to make it easier for families to provide children with bikes.
If your child (between four and 12 years old) has outgrown his or her bike, you can participate in the Kids' Bike Swap event. You just need to drop off your child's (safe and rideable) bike at Christie Pitts Park between ten o'clock in the morning, and noon on Sunday May 24. There your bike will go through a safety check and you will fill out a donation form and receive a token, which you can exchange between noon and five o'clock in the afternoon of the same day, for another bike.
Events are FREE and include:
- Free BBQ and refreshments
- Children’s activities – trike races, face painting, bike themed storytelling, bike “blinging”, and bike photos
- Bike clinics, demonstrations, workshops, and bike art
- Community and Cycling advocacy info
- Children’s Bike Swap (details included below)
- North American Native Plant Society Sale and David Suzuki Foundation beekeeping and butterfly conservation
- Friends of Christie Pits Art Market
When: Sunday, May 24, 2015
Time: 12:00pm – 5:00pm
Where: Christie Pits Park (Bloor St & Christie St)
Interested in volunteering? Contact Angela Surdi at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-392-4009
For more information visit: mikelayton.to/bike-with-mike-2015
Related on the dandyBLOG: