Image from the Toronto Archives By Lara Onayak In this 1910 photo, cyclists walk along the side of the road –without any protected or separate lanes, pushing their bicycles up hill while a car drives by on Poplar Plains Road.
dandy newsletter Delivered right to your inbox every month, the dandy newsletter keeps you up to date with the latest cycling news, stories, events and giveaways.
New dandy stories
- dandyhorse fall newsletter
- The High Park Shot – from the dandy archive
- Reason for optimism re the Bloor bike lane
- Happy Birthday! Toronto’s first bike lane turns 40
- dandyhorse summer 2019 newsletter
- A Life with Bicycles: Book details incredible collection of late Mike Barry
- Toronto History Ride
- Velo Aquatico
- Westward Ho! Bloor bike lane extension meeting
- The perfect commuter: Clare Barry and her everyday bike