On July 13, 2011, Toronto City Council voted in favour of installing physical barriers on the existing Bloor Street East bike lane that extends from Sherbourne in the west over the Prince Edward Viaduct to Broadview in the east. Our Bike Spotting team took to the street to see what people on bikes think about the plan: What do You Think of the Plan to Install Barriers to Separate the Existing Bloor Street Bike Lane?
dandy newsletter Delivered right to your inbox every month, the dandy newsletter keeps you up to date with the latest cycling news, stories, events and giveaways.
New on the dandyBLOG
- Cyclists take over Christie Pits: Bike with Mike 2016
- Books on Bathurst: The Reading Line 2016
- Bike Spotting: Mike Layton on Bloor Bike Lanes
- Artist profile: Rob Collinet riding on rainbows
- How Complete Streets Improve Commutes For City Cyclists—and Motorists
- Bike to Work Day May 30
- Building community through bike-friendly planning
- Bike Spotting Bloor with the women behind Books on Bathurst
- Bike Spotting: Have you heard the city is planning more protected bike lanes?
- PSA: Bike with Mike 2016