On July 13, 2011, Toronto City Council voted in favour of installing physical barriers on the existing Bloor Street East bike lane that extends from Sherbourne in the west over the Prince Edward Viaduct to Broadview in the east. Our Bike Spotting team took to the street to see what people on bikes think about the plan: What do You Think of the Plan to Install Barriers to Separate the Existing Bloor Street Bike Lane?
dandy newsletter Delivered right to your inbox every month, the dandy newsletter keeps you up to date with the latest cycling news, stories, events and giveaways.
New on the dandyBLOG
- Fines for ‘dooring’ and distracted driving set to increase
- Showing bikes some love – Bikes vs Cars hits Toronto
- SERIES: Exiting Toronto by bike – Entering/Exiting Guadalajara & Mexico City
- Cycle 4 St. Joe’s on September 27
- Three’s company: DJ Barbi on raising a family and biking in the ‘burbs
- TCAT – 2015 Complete Streets Forum
- Bells on Bloor is looking for an illustrator/graphic designer!
- Bike Spotting on Adelaide – Do you support the bike lane extension?
- Elizabeth May on proportional representation: Interview by Dave Meslin
- Bike Share expansion coming thanks to Metrolinx and Toronto Parking Authority partnership