On July 13, 2011, Toronto City Council voted in favour of installing physical barriers on the existing Bloor Street East bike lane that extends from Sherbourne in the west over the Prince Edward Viaduct to Broadview in the east. Our Bike Spotting team took to the street to see what people on bikes think about the plan: What do You Think of the Plan to Install Barriers to Separate the Existing Bloor Street Bike Lane?
dandy newsletter Delivered right to your inbox every month, the dandy newsletter keeps you up to date with the latest cycling news, stories, events and giveaways.
New dandy stories
- Is Toronto a smart city? MBA students say it could be smarter when it comes to bike lanes
- Heels on Wheels with Ivy Knight
- Will Ontarians vote with their bikes?
- A Bike For Every Occasion
- 12th Annual Jane’s Walk Festival May 4-6 in Toronto
- Ride Safe an illustration by CTON
- A City for Everyone Comic by Chimo Chan
- How to celebrate the restoration of your bike
- Chief planner says Yonge and Danforth good candidates for bike lanes
- Bechdel Tested does Bikes